Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Night Home

Alright sorry about the third post today but I need to vent . . .

I thought the first night home, the baby was suppose to cry all night not the mom. I thought the baby was suppose to be up all night not the mom. I admit I put on a good face, I put on a smile to get through the day but when I fall asleep at night I cry, I cry and I cry some more. I try to hide it from my family even from my husband but I can't do it any more I can't pretend like I'm not broken I can't pretend like my heart is not left back at the hospital with my three girls. I can't pretend that it doesn't bother me that my daughters are a week old and I haven't even touch them yet. I can't pretend anymore . . .

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you! Please share your feelings and thoughts as many times in a day as you need to! We're here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your words brought me to tears. You know you and your girls light up hopes for many of us with threatened preterm labour. Just that alone you know you're very blessed and God does hear your prayers. So be strong mummy and everything will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to hear how well your girls are doing. Our family continues to pray for their health, and for your family in general. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget you are post postpartum on top of all this too! Your hormones are all over the board right now, and they make this situation horrible. I didn't hold my daughter for over a month so I know your pain, keep praying for strength and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. We are hear listening and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A close friend of mine had her son born early and he spent over a month at the hospital on his own. While she said it was hard being away from him she got through it because she knew that her getting rest was doing something good for him. When she was rested she was stronger for him which is what he needed. Just because you're not at the same location as your babies, doesn't mean that you're not still with them. Keep strong for your babies. It will get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And remember how blessed you are! Many women go through what you've gone through and have much worse results - nights might be hard but during the day you can get up, take a shower, and go watch those precious girls of yours! Keep your chin up, this is only temporary!

    ReplyDelete